With regular maintenance you will prevent small problems from becoming big problems and ensure optimal performance of your comfort system. We also offer annual service agreements, which can reduce the cost of a Performance Tune-Up.
Regular maintenance will:
- Provide longer lasting equipment
- Reduce utility bills
- Reduce repairs
- Provide a more comfortable indoor environment
- Protect your investment
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level based on superheat or sub cool method.
- Adjust refrigerant charge, if needed.
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet.
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain opening-- remove obstruction as necessary.
- Inspect coil and cabinet--clean as needed.
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage--on older models lubricate as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, cranckcase heaters and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor).
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt, if needed.
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensation drain lines. Clean as needed.
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces.
- Inspect burner assembly--clean and adjust as needed.
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls--clean and adjust as needed.
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements.
- Inspect flue system--check for proper attachment to furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections.
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities.
- Listen for abnormal noise.
- Monitor for air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge with approved charging methods.
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature.
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature.
- Measure low and high side system pressures.
- Measure return air intake and supply diffuser outlet for proper temperature differential.
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps.
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer's specifications.
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary.